Housing and Building Inspections
Manager : Housing and Building Inspection – Vivian Maluleke
Office 302, Civic Centre
Cnr Landdros Maré & Bodenstein Streets
P O Box 111
Direct Line: +27 (0) 15 290 2292
Direct Fax Number: +27 (0) 86 613 9371
Cell Phone Number: +27 (0)
BACKGROUND OF BUSINESS UNIT
There were only two personnel in the Housing business unit during 2002 and it grown to fifteen personnel in the Housing unit and seven in the Building Inspection Unit with Mr Maremane as strategic business unit manager.
ROLE OF THE DEPARTMENT IN THE HOUSING AND BUILDING INSPECTIONS
Establishment of safe and sustainable housing development and integration of sustainable human settlement and upgrading projects in the areas of Polokwane that reflects the development potential of the area and is in keeping with the aesthetics and cultural values of the area of jurisdiction and the communities.
To provide adequate, safe and sustainable housing in partnership with the community to ensure creation of socially economically sustainable communities with full access to municipal services, water, water supply, sanitation, drainage, garbage collection, access to roads, street light and public transport.
Key Performance Areas:
* To provide housing to low and middle income groups
* To assist the community in meeting their own housing needs
* To facilitate and encourage public-private partnership for housing development.
* To serve as a support organisation for People's Housing Process and economically empower the local community.
* To ensure that the buildings comply with the National Building Regulations and Standards